Acker Awards Program!
Mr. Norman Acker of St. Stephen, NB, a long-time out-of-town member of Congregation Shaarei Zedek, has been an outstanding financial supporter of our community.
It is his most recent generous donation that has made it possible to announce the Acker Awards Program.
The program focuses on the youth in our community, with monetary awards going to graduating high school students planning to attend post-secondary education or those students currently pursuing post-secondary education at a recognized university, college, or school of higher learning.
In addition to the Acker Awards, we will provide a limited amount each year for teen social activities.
These activities will be developed and organized by the teens and will be another way to encourage
a sense of community.
Who can apply?
2. Applicants must be high school graduates planning to attend post-secondary education in a recognized university, college or school of higher learning
3. Applicants taking a Gap year are eligible as long as they plan to attend post-secondary education
How to apply?
Applicant name, age, address, email, phone, name of parents
2. Letter of acceptance or pending acceptance from university, college or school of higher learning
How to qualify?
2. A minimum of 18 hours of volunteer activities is required.
Volunteer activities include but are not limited to: Helping in the Jewish Museum, Attending Friday night services, Creating art work, music, songs, and writings for the community, Helping with community events, Organizing and participating in events for our youth.
2. Recipients will be announced on May 31 st of each year
2. The amount to be awarded will be determined by the number of qualifying students applying in any given year. The maximum amount per student for each year will be $1,500.
3. The total of the Acker Awards for each year will not exceed $6,000.